Any more questions?

This page attempts to answer some of the most popular questions I get asked. If you can’t find the answer to your question here, please feel free to contact me.

How soon should I contact you about playing?

Usually, as soon as possible! Certain times of the year, particularly around Christmas, get very busy. To avoid disappointment, try to provisionally book your date as soon as you can. Even a general idea of the month and venue in advance would be helpful.

How much do you charge?

I find it very difficult to give a general quote, as no two performances are ever the same! If you would like a quotation for your wedding or event, please e-mail me with as much information as you can:

  • A general date and the intended venue;
  • How long you would like me to play for (and rough duration of break/s);
  • Whether you would need me to take my own piano, or whether the venue has a piano available;
  • What style/s of music you would like me to play.

Do you charge extra for travelling time?

Outside of Newcastle upon Tyne, I may have to charge a little extra to cover loss of travelling time and petrol expenses. This will be detailed in your quotation if necessary.

How do I book?

After giving me provisional details, I can give you a quotation by email or phone. At this stage, I pencil the date into my diary. If you are happy to proceed, I can forward you a standard Musicians Union contract to confirm the booking. Signatures from both parties will formally book the date. In some cases, a deposit may need to be paid alongside receipt of the contract.

Do you have access to your own instrument?

I have a wonderful, professional standard Roland stage piano with a very authetic piano sound. Coupled with a Roland keyboard amplifier, this fufills the need of the majority of occasions. For use in wedding ceremonies/services, it also has a very authentic church organ sound which can be used if you so wish.

Can you provide other musicians and singers?

I do have an extended contact list of instrumentalists and singers that may be able to perform alongside, but good notice may be required to secure their availability. They would need to be booked seperately, which I can do for you, but as such, will need to paid seperately.

Are you insured?

As a full member of the Musicians’ Union, I am covered by public liability insurance up to £10 million and full musical instrument and equipment insurance. As a teacher for Newcastle and South Tyneside councils, I also have an Enchanced CRB Disclosure.